I love long books, but at the same time, I really don’t like them. I’m confusing, right?! So to try to be a bit less confusing, here’s a list of pros and cons of long books. Here, I’m categorising ‘long’ as anything over 450 pages.
Pros of Long Books
- Plenty of time to get into the plot
- You get to spend longer with your favourite characters
- You can get lost in a world for much longer
- Good books to snuggle up with
- So many twists!
Cons of Long Books
- They’re so heavy!
- They take commitment
- You’ve got to be really invested in the plot
- A lot more room for plot holes
- They take up more room on your bookshelf
- They’re even more expensive
Do you prefer shorter or longer books? Let’s have a chat in the comments.